Our skin is the most vulnerable organ of the body. It is constantly exposed to the hazards of the environment: heat, dust, pollution, cold, humid and other weather conditions. Hence the skin needs to be fed and nourished both from within and outside.
How to use essential oils for the skin?
When it comes to the use of essential oils for the skin, these can be used through massages, and bathing, essential oils are absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream. When inhaled, the fine molecules of these oils pass through the skin directly into the bloodstream.
Benefits of essential oils for the skin.
Aromatherapy has proved to be very effective in looking after the skin. The penetrative properties of essential oils make them excellent moisturisers and cleansers for skin care. Essential oils also stimulate blood circulation and help in cell regeneration. Hence these oils are good for skin care of all types. But remember not to use them neatly on the face.
Essential Oils for Skincare
Cleansing - Cleanse twice a day with a suitable cleanser for your skin. For normal to oily skin use a face wash and for dry skin use a gentle cleanser.
- Toning - Tone your skin after cleansing. Take 10 drops of rose essential oil to 100 ml of rose water(for normal, dry, and sensitive skin) or witch hazel(for oily skin). Store in a dark-colored bottle and use it to tone the skin every day.
Essential Oil Exfoliation for all skin types -
- For oily skin exfoliation, take half a teaspoon of fuller earth, 1 teaspoon of orange peel, and 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder. Mix well with rose water and 2 drops of tea tree essential oil to it. Use it for exfoliation of the skin.
- For dry skin exfoliation, one large pinch of oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of fresh cream, 1 crushed almond and add 2 drops of sandalwood essential oil. Mix well and use it for exfoliation.
- For combination and mature skin, take 1 tablespoon of cream with 1/4th tablespoon of coffee powder. Add 2 drops of rose essential oil and one drop of jasmine essential oil.
Essential Oil Face Pack for All Skin Types:
- For Oily or Acne Prone Skin, take 1 teaspoon kaolin Pulp of cucumber or strawberry, 2 drops of lemon essential oil, and add some yogurt to make a paste. Apply and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
People with combination skin types can use this face pack for oily parts of the face.
- For Dry Skin, take 1 tablespoon of milk powder, half mashed banana, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 2 drops of lavender essential oil and yogurt to make a paste. You can also use melon or avocado apart from bananas.
This face pack can also be used for dry areas of combination skin type
- For Mature Skin, take 1 teaspoon of milk powder, 1 tablespoon of papaya pulp, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 2 drops of geranium essential oil. Mix all the ingredients well, apply and leave it for 15 minutes.
Alternatively, you can use one more face pack for mature skin. Take 1 tablespoon of protinex, 1 teaspoon of grated apple, and 2 drops of patchouli essential oil and yogurt to make a paste.
This skincare routine with a blend of essential oil will help you get beautiful, hydrated, and nourished skin.