Niacinamide is an essential nutrient for the skin, and it plays an important role in maintaining clear skin. It helps to strengthen the skin's barrier function, which is responsible for protecting the skin from external stressors such as pollution, UV rays, and chemicals.
Niacinamide can be promising for the skin in many ways:
- By strengthening the barrier, niacinamide helps to prevent moisture loss, reduce inflammation and irritation, and improve the skin's overall appearance.
- Niacinamide reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation, such as age spots, melasma, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It works by inhibiting the transfer of pigment to skin cells, which can help to even out skin tone.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce redness and inflammation in the skin. This makes it a great ingredient for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- Niacinamide has been shown to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as increase skin elasticity. It does this by stimulating collagen production in the skin, which helps to maintain the skin's firmness and elasticity.
When using niacinamide for the skin, it's important to follow a few guidelines to ensure that you are getting the most out of this ingredient.
Here are some tips for using niacinamide:
Choose the right product: Look for a product that contains at least 5% niacinamide. You can find niacinamide in a variety of skin care products, such as face wash, gel, and toners.
Introduce it slowly: If you're new to using niacinamide, start by using it once a day, and gradually increase the frequency over time. This will help your skin to adjust to the ingredient and minimize the risk of irritation.
Use it after cleansing: Apply niacinamide after cleansing and toning your skin, but before applying any other skincare products. This will allow the ingredient to penetrate your skin more effectively.
Layer it correctly: If you're using multiple skincare products, apply niacinamide before using any heavier creams or oils. This will allow it to be absorbed into your skin more effectively.
Use sunscreen: Niacinamide can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight, so it's important to use sunscreen when using this ingredient during the day.
- Skin toner is a liquid-based skin care product that is designed to be used after cleansing the skin, but before applying any other skincare products. Toners can help to restore the skin's pH balance, making it more acidic, which helps to keep the skin's natural barrier function intact. It can help to remove any remaining traces of dirt and oil from the skin, which can help to minimize the appearance of pores. Some toners contain ingredients like neem, tea tree, or green tea, which have anti-inflammatory properties that can help to soothe and calm the skin.
Blossom Kochhar Aroma Magic Neem & Tea Toner is powered with 5% niacinamide and natural extracts of neem & tea tree. It is infused with nourishing ingredients such as 5% Niacinamide, witch hazel leaf water, and aloe vera juice to provide a soothing and calming effect on the skin. Along with a blend of Neem oils, and essential oils of Tea Tree, Neroli, and Rosehip, it is formulated to unclog and tighten pores, resulting in a brighter and softer complexion. Moreover, it contains antioxidant properties to help protect the skin from free radical damage. Rest assured, it is free from harmful chemicals, parabens, alcohol, artificial fragrance, and color, making it a safe and gentle option for your skincare routine.
How to use:
- Spray onto the face directly or on a small piece of cotton and dab it onto the face.
- Avoid the eye area.
- Use it morning and night after cleaning.
Overall, niacinamide is an important ingredient in skincare products due to its ability to improve the skin's barrier function, reduce hyperpigmentation, have anti-inflammatory properties, and minimize fine lines and wrinkles.