Long, lustrous hair is every girl’s dream. Healthy and beautiful hair comes with a lot of hair care and a healthy diet. Here are some tips that you need to follow to have long and lustrous hair.
Healthy Diet: You should try to include iron-rich foods like leafy vegetables, fish, pumpkin seeds, beans, chickpeas, soybeans, and cereals in your diet. We also recommend including proteins rich in amino acids like cheese, peas, yogurt, milk, etc.
- Avoid Heat: Heat styling tools can give you those stylish locks, but excessive usage of styling tools is harmful to the hair. Heat is responsible for a lot of damage caused to our hair and can lead to dead lengths and split ends. If you still cannot avoid styling tools, then you must consider using a nourishing serum before using heat. The Serum acts as a barrier between the heat and hair, reducing the resulting damage. There are a lot of other hacks that you can use to curl or straighten your hair without using heat on it.
Regular Trimming: Trimming is an essential part of your hair growth journey. You need to cut the damage off to get beautiful and healthy hair. Getting your hair trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks helps get rid of split ends and promotes healthy hair.
- Conditioning: You should never skip conditioner after shampooing your hair. It helps keep your hair moisturised and hydrated and makes it beautiful and shiny. Plus, deep conditioning your hair every once in a while helps give your hair some extra TLC.
Pro tip: Prefer buying your shampoo and conditioner from the same brand.
- Hair Mask: You should apply a natural hair mask to your scalp frequently to provide it with the right amount of nourishment and moisture. Here is a simple recipe to make a hair mask at home: Mix freshly extracted coconut milk with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add 4-5 drops of lavender essential oil. Apply the mixture to your hair. Leave it on for 4-5 hours before rinsing it off.
- Don’t Wash Every Day: Washing your hair helps in removing excess dirt and pollutants, but overwashing can lead to a dry and flaky scalp, resulting in damaged and rough hair. It is important to wash your hair according to your hair type. People with oily scalp are generally required to wash their hair more than those with dry scalp.
- Cold Wash: Cold water helps close the hair cuticles after washing and seals the moisture in your hair. On the other hand, washing your hair with hot water too often can eventually result in dry, frizzy, and brittle hair.
- Hair Oiling: Oiling your hair once a week promotes hair growth. Massaging your scalp improves blood circulation, resulting in an increased supply of nutrition and oxygen to your scalp and hair.