Each individual has a different skin type from the other. The change in the skin condition and texture that occur with age are by nature, but the more damaging and serious skin conditions can occur due to wrong nurture.
Skin with acne breakouts is the most severe skin condition that cannot be treated overnight and makes it difficult for everyone to get clear skin. Sometimes it can be seasonal or depend upon the age, diet imbalance, or medications. Pimples, red bumps, and irritated skin are some common symptoms that come with acne-prone skin. Usually, people with acne prone tend to have consistent acne breakouts. These mostly keep the skin inflammation and in some cases leave acne marks. Acne-prone skin is a long-term, chronic skin condition that requires time to be treated and controlled. These outbreaks are not just on your face, but can also be on your back, neck, chest, and even shoulders.
Some of the factors that can cause acne breakouts are:
- Improper cleansing, toning, and moisturising of the skin can cause acne breakouts. It should be carried out properly and with the right products.
- Using wrong cosmetics can also affect the skin adversely causing breakout, irritation, and patchy skin.
- Excessive sun exposure can slow dry up the skin of its fluid, thereby affecting the fitness of the skin texture.
- Medication can cause changes internally within the body leading to skin damage.
- Excessive oiliness of the skin
- Whiteheads which sometimes are inflamed spots.
- Hormones and oily skin conditions.
- The role of bacteria in the formation of acne.
There are two aspects of the treatment, the first is a medical drug treatment and the second is skincare. Medical treatment can be suggested only in cases of chronic or severe acne and should be taken by a dermatologist. Apart from medical treatment daily skincare regime is also required to keep the skin healthy which includes cleansing, toning, and moisturising. Below are some of the moisturisers that can keep the skin nourished without making it oily, greasy, or sticky.
Juniper Berry Oil Free Moisturiser - It is enriched with SPF 15 and extracts juniper berry, and cucumber that protects, moisturises, and brightens your skin. The blend of essential oils of patchouli and lemongrass helps regulate the oil level in the skin. Aloe vera juice and jojoba oil keep the skin non-greasy. Its gel formula helps heal acne and lightens blemishes leaving the skin nourished, fresher and brighter.
Jojoba Oil - Jojoba oil helps balance the sebum in the skin by keeping it hydrated always. It serves as a deep conditioner for dry & dull hair. My anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties act against acne & pimples. It also helps fight wrinkles & stretch marks and keeps the skin supple and well moisturised.
- Organic Grapeseed Oil - This cold pressed natural vegetable oil is extracted from the seed of grapes. Its astringent properties help to tighten and tone the skin, address acne and fight ageing. It contains linoleic acid which is great for promoting skin health. Thin in consistency, it gets easily absorbed and penetrates the skin acting as an excellent moisturiser, nourisher, and skin lightener.
Follow these do's and don’ts to prevent acne breakouts:
- Avoid using oil-based creams, ointments, and makeup products.
- Do not rub, squeeze or pick pustules.
- Follow the skincare routine scrupulously.
- Do not use any beauty soap or moisturiser.
- Avoid stress as much as possible, and follow a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Avoid junk or deep-fried food.