Your beautiful feet are mostly exposed to every season and situation; they should be maintained and taken care of always. Dry and cracked feet can occur in any season. Improper and insufficient care can even worsen the condition. Exposure to the sun, sand, puddles, changing seasons, soaps, medication, etc are some of the reasons that can lead to dry and cracked feet. Dry and dead skin gets accumulated when it is not treated for a longer duration.
Below are some of the ways that can help to keep your feet nourished and moisturised:
Salt Soak - Epsom salt is a compound of magnesium sulfate that helps to relax muscles and relieve pain in the muscles. It can reduce the roughness, leaving the softer feet, and can also aid in the removal of the dead skin from the feet. Put half a cup of Epsom salt into 1/3rd bucket of water, 1 tablespoon of almond oil, and 4 to 5 drops of lemon essential oil. Soak your feet for 15 to 20 minutes. Use a pumice stone in between to remove the dry and dead skin.
Exfoliation - Exfoliating the feet helps remove the dead skin. This can also prevent the building up of dead skin, and calluses. It also prevents clogging of pores and heals the cracks leaving the feet soft and clean. Take one spoon of coffee, add half a spoon of sugar, slightly crushed or powdered sugar can be used and one teaspoon of coconut oil to it. Blend well and use it to exfoliate your feet. This exfoliator will help remove tan, and dead skin and keep the skin nourished and glowing.
Moisturising Pack - Exfoliation of the skin should be followed by a mask or packs to keep the pores closed and prevent the skin from getting dry and dull. Applying a foot mask can pull impurities out of the skin and boosts the foot's circulation. As a bonus, it also eliminates odors and exfoliates and moisturizes the skin, making it smooth and supple. Take 1 or 2 spoons of besan as required, add half mashed banana and add some milk to make a fine paste. Apply it all over the foot and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off and enjoy the happy beautiful feet.
- Aroma Magic Foot Cream - Apart from soak, exfoliation, and packing, daily moisturising is one of the most needed requirements for the feet to keep them protected from dryness and dullness. Every morning and evening apply a rich moisturiser to the feet. Massage gently for 2 to 4 minutes and wear cotton socks before sleeping. Aroma Magic Foot Cream has a non-greasy formula that sinks deep into the skin to soften and moisturize it. The extracts of aloe vera, clary sage, and wheat along with glycerin help soften feet and prevent dryness.
Follow the below tips to help prevent dry skin on their feet:
- Follow a regular foot hygiene regime, cleansing, wiping, and completely drying the feet, followed by a gentle moisturiser.
- Follow a proper feet care regime that includes soaking, exfoliating, pack application, and moisturising to keep the feet beautiful, remove dead skin and prevent cracking.
- Avoid using harsh soaps, lotions, or body washes that can remove or wash out the natural oils of the skin.
- Use warm water rather than hot water to soak or wash feet and for showers also.
- Wear socks and shoes that have a perfect fitting and are comfortable.
- Avoid walking barefoot.