Skin is the largest organ of our body. Proper skin care helps to keep our outermost surface layer of skin intact. Good skin care requires a lot of effort. A healthy diet, adequate intake of water, avoiding alcohol and smoking along with proper skin care regime will help the skin age gracefully and beautifully.
Here are some tips to have healthy glowing skin throughout the year.
- Protect Your Skin from Sun: One of the most important ways to take care of your skin is to protect it from the sun. Exposure to sun can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems like skin cancer. It is always recommended to use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. Apply a generous amount of sunscreen and reapply the sunscreen as and when required. You can wear a hat to restrict harmful rays from reaching your skin.
- Treat Your Skin Gently: Using hot water on your skin can remove oils from the skin and make it drier. Use warm water rather than hot water. Avoid strong soaps or cleansers that can strip oil and moisture from your skin. After washing or bathing, gently pat or blot your skin. Dry your towel so that some moisture stays on your skin.
Hydration: Water is the main element that detoxifies the skin as it flushes out the impurities from your body. Add a lot of liquids to your diet. For example: freshly pressed fruit juices or detox water. So here is a simple tip to make a healthy and detox drink.
Diet: It is extremely important that you eat healthy. Eat a lot of green vegetables, fruits, and fibre-rich foods such as lentils, broccoli, peas, raspberries, avocado, pears and many more. These are essential for the skin as they help in age reversal, restore glow in the skin and keep the skin away from breakouts. Remember to avoid oily or fried foods and those high on carbs.
- Sleep: Getting proper sleep helps you to rejuvenate. While you sleep, your skin is in repair mode. Hence it is recommended to have stress-free sleep for at least 8 hours.
A variety of treatments and products are used to protect skin from environmental hazards and combat fine lines, wrinkles and a dull, uneven skin tone.
- Cleanser: everyone should have a cleanser in their skin care kit. At night a cleanser removes makeup and grime from the day, and in the morning it will remove any residual night cream and clean out impurities. If you have normal or dry skin, a cleanser that doesn’t dry out or strip oil off your skin is best, a liquid cleanser, in particular, can be great for this. But if you have oily skin, make sure that you use a cleanser that is specifically formulated for your acne or your skin type.
- Moisturiser: everyone knows moisturiser is a must-have in your skin care products. People with oily skin often make the mistake of not moisturising all together. But this is actually counterproductive as when your skin is dehydrated, it’ll compensate for the lack of moisture by producing more oil. If you have very dry skin, use a heavy cream that takes a minute or two to absorb into your skin. Apply it more frequently that once or twice a day.