Petitgrain essential oil is obtained by the distillation of the leaves and twigs of bitter orange trees. This versatile oil has the ability to relax and uplift your mood.
Petitgrain is believed to have originated in South-East Asia, spread to North-Eastern India, Burma, and China slowly finding its ways to other parts of the world.
This oil is used in traditional health practices for cleaning purposes and for its various internal benefits. It offers a fresh, floral and often aroma that makes it unique and useful in a variety of settings. Aromatherapists also use this oil for asthma, anxiety, colic, and depression.
- It helps in clearing blemishes.
- It prevents insomnia.
- It balances and relaxes the mind and strengthens memory.
How to use
Petitgrain essential oil can be used for massages. Mix 2-3 drops of the essential oil into jojoba oil and blend it well.
Add 4-5 drops of Petitgrain essential oil to your bathtub or 3-4 drops to your bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Petitgrain essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three-quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with an incinerator.
- Petitgrain essential oil is beneficial for oily skin. For facial massage add 2 drops of it with jojoba oil and massage gently. It can also be added to the facial water. After massaging with this oil, place a hot towel over your face for oil to seep in better and relax further.
- For relaxing and calming palpitation and release fatigue, take 6 drops of essential oil and 2 tablespoons of carrier oil and massage on the lower spine area, lower back, and nape of the neck, solar plexus, stomach, chest, hands, and feet.
- To relax tired feet, add a tablespoon of carrier oil and 2 drops of petitgrain essential oil and massage your feet with it for 7-8 minutes.