Pine essential oil is extracted from the tree of Pinus Sylvestris. It is a powerful antiseptic and helps in sinusitis and bronchial conditions. It positively impacts the mood by clearing the mind of stresses.
The Pine tree is easily recognized as the “Christmas Tree”, but it is also commonly cultivated for its wood. In ancient Egypt, pine kernels, better known as Pine nuts were used in culinary applications.
This oil eases overexertion and sports injuries. When used in a diffuser, this oil purifies, clarifies and positively impacts the mood by clearing the mind of stresses, eliminates fatigues and promotes a positive outlook.
- It relieves fatigue and nervous exhaustion.
- It eases overexertion and sports injuries.
- It prevents the spreading of contagious diseases.
How to use
Pine essential oil can be used for massages. Mix 2-3 drops of the essential oil into a carrier oil and blend it well.
Add 2 drops of Pine essential oil to your bathtub or bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Pine essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three-quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with an incinerator.
- Pine essential oil has antiseptic qualities, hence it can be used for cleaning the house.
- For aches and frozen shoulder, mix 1-2 drops of Pine essential oil with a carrier oil and massage gently on the affected area.
- Pine essential oil can be helpful for rheumatism, mix 1-2 drops of Pine essential oil with vegetable oil on the affected area.
Pine essential oil should be avoided by people with sensitive essential oil. It should be used in moderation. 2 drops in the bath and 1% in massage is sufficient.