Scientifically known as, "Thymus Vulgaris",is produced in Morocco, Spain, France, Greece. Thyme essential oil used for therapy due to its cleansing and stimulating properties.
- Thyme essential oil is used to ward off infections.
- It helps in lymphatic drainage.
- It increases appetite and improves digestion.
How to use
Thyme essential oil can be used for massages. Mix 2-3 drops of the essential oil into a carrier oil and blend it well.
Add 4-5 drops of Thyme essential oil to your bathtub or 3-4 drops to a bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Thyme essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three-quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with an incinerator.
- Thyme essential oil helps in regulating low blood pressure. Add a few drops in the diffuser and place it in your room.
- It helps in curing warts. Mix 1-2 drops of thyme essential oil with a carrier oil and apply on the affected area.
- To help insomnia, add 3-4 drops of thyme essential oil to a diffuser and burn it in the room.
- It should not be used by pregnant women.
- For skin, the quantity taken should be very less.
- Avoid prolonged use.