Also known as Cinnamamun Zeylanicum or Cinnamomum Verum, Cinnamon essential oil is derived from Laurus Cinnamomum plant found in Asian countries like Sri Lanka and India. It is called Dal chini in Hindi.
- This oil helps to ward off Colds, flu and other airborne infections.
- It helps in improving digestion.
- It controls nervous debility.
How to use
Add 2-3 drops of Cinnamon essential oil to your bath and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Cinnamon essential can be used for massages. Dilute it with carrier oil by adding 1% of the essential oil and blend it well.
- To massage with Cinnamon essential oil, mix 2-3 drops of it to carrier oil like almond or olive oil and use it on affected area.
- Add 4-6 drops with water and dilute it. Apply on affected area.
To be avoided by people with sensitive skin. Use in moderation; no more than 2 drops in the bath and no more than 1% in massage oils.