Scientifically known as Zingiberr Officinale, Ginger essential oil is popular for its multiple antiviral properties. It has a warm, spicy, sweet aroma.
- It eases morning sickness and flu symptoms.
- It relieves body pain including arthritis.
- It helps treating indigestion and sore throats.
How to uses
Ginger essential can be used for massages. Mix 2-3 drops of the essential oil into carrier oil and blend it well.
Add 4-5 drops of Ginger essential oil to your bath tub or 3-4 drops to your bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Ginger essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with incinerator.
- To relieve from sore throat and infections, take 1-2 drops in water and do gargles with it.
- To cure from travel sickness, nausea or uneasiness in stomach put 1-2 drops on a tissue paper and inhale.
- For Indigestion, Mix Ginger essential oil with carrier oil and gently massage it on the stomach in circular motion.
People with sensitive skin should avoid the use of this essential oil.