Lemon essential oil is also known by the nickname “Liquid Sunshine”. It has the most powerful anti-microbial activity among other essential oils. It can boost energy metabolism, enhance moods and disinfect skin and surfaces.
Lemon trees are native to Asia and were used by not only ancient Indians but also Egyptians and Romans to treat infectious diseases. It is diffused in workplaces in order to improve employee focus and efficiency to reduce the number of errors.
Lemon Essential Oil’s active chemical components contribute to the therapeutic benefits that give it the reputation of being cleansing and purifying oil. It purifies the internal system of the body and aids in weight loss. It is also used today in perfumery and to relieve mental exhaustion.
- It is highly anti-septic.
- It relieves insect bites and wounds.
- It purifies the internal system of the body and aids in weight loss.
How to use
Lemon essential oil can be used for massages. Mix 2-3 drops of the essential oil into a carrier oil and blend it well.
Add 4-5 drops of Lemon essential oil to your bathtub or 3-4 drops to your bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Lemon essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three-quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with an incinerator.
- Mix 2-3 drops of Lemon essential oil into inhalation water. As it vaporises, place a towel over your head and bowl of water and take deep breathes.
- If you have got insect bites, apply directly for instant relief.
- Use Lemon essential oil as a room freshener for an energetic and uplifting fragrance.