Basil Essential Oil
With over 150 varieties in the world, basil has its name’s origin from the Greek word, Ocimum Basileus. Basil essential oil is extracted from basil leaves. It is valuable for its anti-fungal & anti-bacterial properties.
- It fights negativity, migraine, and intellectual fatigue.
- It helps in soothing insect bites, stimulates the digestive tract and relieves from cold and cough.
- It gives clarity of thoughts and calming effect.
How to use
Basil essential oil is highly concentrated and should not be directly applied onto skin or hair. It can be diluted with a carrier oil or base oil by adding 5-6 drops of the essential oil and blending well.
Add 4-5 drops of Basil essential oil to your bathtub or 3-4 drops to your bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Basil essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three-quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with incineration.
Mix a few drops of Basil essential oil with coconut carrier oil and massage it into your hair to relieve from stress and migraines. You can use any other carrier oil as well.
Take one drop of Basil essential oil straight and rub it on the insect bite.
For cold and congestion, take a few drops on a tissue paper and inhale directly.
A powerful depressant if over-used. Not to be used by pregnant women.
- All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only.
- The actual product may vary from the images shown on the website due to regular updates and guidelines.