Scientifically known as Citrus bergamia, Bergamot essential oil is extracted from the rind of Bergamot citrus fruit. This oil is used for its anti-depressant and anti-fungal properties.
- It helps in calming nerves.
- It is an excellent mood lifter.
- It is good for Oily skin troubles.
How to use
Bergamot essential can be applied on skin or hair through massages. Dilute it with carrier oil or hair oil by adding 2-3 drops of the essential oil and blending well.
Add 4-5 drops of Bergamot essential oil to your bath tub or 3-4 drops to your bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Bergamot essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with incineration.
- Mix few drops of Bergamot essential oil with a carrier oil and massage it into your hair to improve blood circulation. You can olive oil or mustard oil as carrier oils.
- Take a drop of Bergamot essential oil straight and rub 1-2 drop on your wrists to use it as a perfume.
- To combat fever, add 6-10 drops of the essential oil into half a pint of icy cold water soak a small towel and compress it onto the skin.
This oil should be avoided by people with highly sensitive skin. Do not apply if going out in the sun.