Scientifically known as Citrus Bergamia, Bergamot essential oil is extracted from the rind of Bergamot citrus fruit. This oil is used for its anti-depressant and anti-fungal properties.
- It helps in calming nerves.
- It is an excellent mood lifter.
- It is good for oily skin problems.
How to use
Bergamot essential oil can be applied to skin or hair through massages. Dilute it with a carrier oil or hair oil by adding 2-3 drops of the essential oil and blending it well.
Add 4-5 drops of Bergamot essential oil to your bathtub or 3-4 drops to your bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Bergamot essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three-quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with incineration.
- Mix a few drops of Bergamot essential oil with a carrier oil and massage it into your hair to improve blood circulation. You can olive oil or mustard oil as carrier oils.
- Take a drop of Bergamot essential oil straight and rub 1-2 drops on your wrists to use it as a perfume.
- To combat fever, add 6-10 drops of the essential oil into half a pint of icy cold water. Soak a small towel in the water and compress it onto the skin.
This oil should be avoided by people with highly sensitive skin. Do not apply if going out in the sun.