This oil is derived from the Salvia Scalrea herb. This has earned the nickname “The Woman’s Oil, due to its benefits for women’s health, especially in relation to menstruation and menopause.
Native to Italy, Southern France, and Syria, the seeds of this plant were believed to contribute to the health of the eyes and to improve vision.
This oil is widely used in the flavoring of food, beverages and in perfumery, it came to be used in natural cosmetics for its ability to soothe skin. It also helps relieves nervous tension, negative emotions and address female hormone-related complaints
- It eases anxiety & stress.
- It helps in easing menstrual cramps and menopausal symptoms.
- It cures dandruff and maintains the sebum level of the scalp.
How to Use
Add 4-5 drops of Clary sage essential oil to your bathtub or 3-4 drops to your bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Clary sage essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three-quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with incineration.
To relieve pain Clary sage essential oil can be used for compression. Add 2-3 drops of Clary sage essential oil to half a pint of hot water. Soak a towel into the bowl and place it over the affected area.
- To relieve from Pre-Menstrual Syndrome add 2 drops of Clary sage essential oil diluted with a carrier oil and massage on lower abdominal and spine area for relief.
- In case of anxiety and nervousness, take 1-2 drops of Clary sage essential oil on a tissue paper or cotton ball and inhale it.
- If you’ve dandruff, mix 2 drops of Clary sage essential oil with Olive oil and apply it to your scalp.
Not to be used by pregnant women, do not use before or after drinking alcohol.