Scientifically called “Eugenia Caaryophyllata”, Clove essential oil is found mostly in Madagascar & West Indies. Clove essential oil is filled with anti-microbial properties and it helps to strengthen the memory.
- It soothes toothaches and mouth ulcers.
- It relieves digestive problems and nausea.
- It is an effective antibacterial, antiseptic and a disinfectant.
How to use
Add 4-5 drops of Clove essential oil to your bath tub or 3-4 drops to your bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Clove essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with incineration.
Clove essential can be used for massages. Mix 2-3 drops of the essential oil into carrier oil and blend it well.
- For sore gums dilute the Clove essential oil with water and apply on gums to relieve toothaches.
- When diluted with water it can also be used as a mouthwash.
- If you have a sore throat, mix 1-2 drops of clove essential oil in a water with lemon and alum and gargle.