Scientifically names as “Cupressus Sempervirens”, Cypress essential oil helps in curing oily skin problems. The soothing and relaxing effect of Cypress essential oil relieves the mind and is often used in aromatherapy spas.
- It helps to relieve water retention.
- It will treat the acne prone and oily skin.
- It soothes the mind when tired and relaxes it.
How to use
Cypress essential can be used for massages. Mix 2-3 drops of the essential oil into carrier oil and blend it well.
Add 4-5 drops of Cypress essential oil to your bath tub or 3-4 drops to your bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Cypress essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with incineration.
- To relieve from pain or aches this oil can be used for hot compresses. Add 6-10 drops of Cypress essential oil to half a pint of hot water. Soak a towel into the bowl and place it over the paining area.
- Cypress Essential Oil is very useful to cure varicose veins. Mix 2 drops of this essential oil with carrier oil and apply it around the veins. Leave it on.
- To soak your feet in Cypress essential oil, mix a few drops of it in water and mix it well.