Scientifically known as "Citurs Aurantium", Peppermint essential oil also has universal qualities like lavender. It is produced all over the world, but the best quality can be found in England and Southern France.
- It relieves in headache, nausea, travel sickness and fatigue.
- It can cure troubles like bad breath, insomnia and flatulence.
- It helps in good digestion.
- It keeps insects, mice and fleas away.
How to use
Peppermint essential can be used for massages. Mix 2-3 drops of the essential oil into carrier oil and blend it well.
Add 4-5 drops of Peppermint essential oil to your bath tub or 3-4 drops to your bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Peppermint essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with incinerator.
- Peppermint essential oil can be used to repel insects, add a few drops to small pieces of cotton. Place them in the closets and drawers.
- To cure from nausea, put 1-2 drops of Peppermint essential oil on a tissue paper and inhale.
- If you have sinusitis, use as a steam inhalation. Add 1-2 drops of Peppermint essential oil to a bowl of steaming water to vaporize the oil and place a towel over your head and inhale in deep breathes.
It should not be used by pregnant women.