Sandalwood essential oil is produced in India, Indonesia and China. It is famous for its use in ceremonial occasions.
- It moisturises and purifies the skin.
- It is a strong antiseptic and aphrodisiac.
- It calms depression, nervous tension, redness and inflammation.
How to use
Sandalwood essential Oil can be used for massages. Mix 2-3 drops of the essential oil into carrier oil and blend it well.
Add 4-5 drops of Sandalwood essential oil to your bath tub or 3-4 drops to bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Sandalwood essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with incinerator.
- Sandalwood essential oil can be used as a perfume or as deodoriser.
- It can be used in hot compresses. Add 6-10 drops of Sandalwood essential oil to half a pint of hot water. Soak a towel into the bowl and place it over the area.
- Sandalwood essential oil can be used for dry skin facial massages. For facial massage add 2 drops of it with almond oil and massage gently. It can also be added to the facial water. After massaging with this place hot towel over your face for oil to seep in better and relax further.