Ylang Ylang essential oil is extracted from a yellow, star-shaped flower that springs up on the Cananga tree (Cananga odorata).
Ylang Ylang, also recognized as the ‘flower of flowers’, is native to the countries surrounding the Indian Ocean,, like India, Philippines, Malaysia, parts of Australia. Historically, Ylang Ylang is used in both the east and west. In the Philippines, it is utilized to treat cuts, burns, insects and snake bites. In the Moluccas islands, it is utilized as the main ingredient in Macassar oil, which is a hairdressing pomade that became popular in Victorian England. In Indonesia, it is utilized to decorate the nuptial bed.
The common uses of Ylang Ylang essential oil include being a potent antiseptic, aphrodisiac regulates heartbeat, good for the hair and skin and has an invigorating effect on the elderly. When used in excess causes nausea and headache.
- It is a powerful aphrodisiac.
- It helps in pepping up older people as it eases high BP, nervous tensions and palpitation.
- It rejuvenates skin and hair.
How to use
Ylang ylang essential oil can be used for massages. Mix 2-3 drops of the essential oil into hair oil or carrier oil and blend it well.
Add 4-5 drops of Ylang ylang essential oil to your bathtub or 3-4 drops to a bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Ylang ylang essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three-quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with an incinerator.
- Hair perfume adds shine to dull dry hair, 1-2 drops with caution apply on clean dry hair.
- Ylang ylang is a mood-balancing & uplifting oil. For matured people, use in diffuser burners in their rooms, sprinkle on curtains or add it to their bathing water.
- Ylang ylang is a wonderful anti-depression. Take a drop and apply it behind your earlobes to put yourself in a better mood.
It can cause headaches and euphoria if used in excess. It should be avoided by low blood pressure patients.
- All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only.
- The actual product may vary from the images shown on the website due to regular updates and guidelines.