Meditation through the lens of spiritual oils
Meditation is a gift that we can give ourselves. It is one of the best possible ways to go inward and connect with the supreme reality. In today’s fast-paced world, it is an essential tool to calm the body and mind. Though meditation has been around for centuries, some people are not able to elevate their meditation experience.
Thus, adding spiritual oils to your meditation practice is a powerful way to enhance the experience of meditating. It even helps you build a ritual around the practice. In this blog, we will explore the various benefits of essential oils for meditation.
Why use spiritual oils for meditation?
Meditation is a period of introspection and reflection in silence. It is important to know about the space in which you are meditating. Depending on the purpose of meditation, certain aromatherapy oils can enhance the therapeutic benefits of your practice. Whether you are looking to unwind after a long day, promote focus, or ease tension, essential oils can help set the tone for reflection and the stillness that comes with meditation. Aromatherapy can help soothe the body and mind, promoting a sense of positivity, health, and well-being.
5 Essential oils for meditation
- A popular choice in oil blends for meditation, Aroma Magic Lavender Essential Oil, with its fresh and floral scent, is known for its ability to ease symptoms of anxiety and stress. The pleasant aroma of this versatile spiritual oil makes it beneficial for all types of meditation and spiritual practice.
- With the constant clutter and negativity, the post-pandemic world has not been easy for many. Many of us are constantly taking or evading bullets. This is where Aroma Magic Frankincense Essential Oil helps in releasing negative emotions and increasing mental clarity. The warm and spicy aroma of this spiritual oil helps enhance deeper breathing.
- Are you preparing for any competitive exams? Or are you in a space where your concentration levels need to be right up there? We all go through episodes of self-doubt and stress. Aroma Magic Bergamot Essential Oil helps develop focus while reducing stress levels and improving moods with its citrusy scent.
- If you are constantly told that your concentration levels are off the charts, then we have Aroma Magic Peppermint Essential Oil, which helps stimulate alertness while providing relaxing benefits with its cooling properties.
- If you believe that you have already crossed the nascent stage of meditation, now it’s time to go beyond a certain threshold. Then, you should go for Aroma Magic Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, which has a delightful floral aroma and soothing characteristics that could be useful when trying to reach a deep meditative state.
How to use spiritual oils for meditation
When it comes to using essential oils for meditation, the key is finding the one that resonates with you. Once you are done choosing the oil,there are two ways to use essential oils while meditating: topically or with a diffuser.
Essential oil blends can be applied topically in very small amounts. You can apply one drop on your wrists, on your temples, or behind your knees.
An oil diffuser allows you to be creative with your own oil blends. Generally, it is recommended to use 3-5 drops of essential oil per 100 ml of your diffuser’s capacity. You can even put 2-3 drops of your favourite spiritual oil on a cotton ball and inhale the aroma throughout your meditation session. Once you start getting more relaxed during your meditation sessions, allow yourself to open up to any thoughts that come up during this time while focusing on the aroma of the essential oil around you.
Firstly, before you start your meditation journey, it is important to set an intention for what you want to achieve from your practice. This will channel the fire of self-realisation and help you focus better. If you are still confused about how to start or gain traction in your meditation journey, we would certainly recommend that you incorporate spiritual oils into your meditation practice. Try going for the essential oils listed above the next time you meditate. You can always experiment to find what works best for you.